Leaders is one of the UK’s largest residential property groups specialising in letting, sales, buy-to-let and investment finance. Established in 1983, Leaders has more than 90 branches across the UK and is known for setting standards in best practice in the industry. All Leaders branches are members of ARLA, SAFEagent and The Property Ombudsman. Leaders Limited is known for its quality personal and local service whilst offering its clients the full support and resources enjoyed by a larger company. We value long-term relationships with our clients.
Leaders’ team members are experienced in the industry and within their local marketplace. They provide an efficient, friendly and professional service to landlords, tenants and their advisors.
We are rapidly expanding our business through acquisition and due to continued expansion; we are looking to recruit a administrators apprentice.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assistance with all areas of acquisition contractual investigations(pre and post completion), including liaising with 3rd party suppliers and internal departments as appropriate.
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers, to include but not limited to, copier collections and installs, connection upgrades, phone ports and liaising with the relevant branches/departments as necessary.
- Mobile phone fleet administration to include, ordering and activating new SIM cards as appropriate, ensuring cost centres and end users are correctly allocated, and the relevant spreadsheet and asset database is updated accordingly.
- Analysing the fleet as a whole and the monthly spend, and contacting relevant Manager(s) as appropriate, to flag up unusually high-spenders on a monthly basis.
- General administration assistance with projects, to include but not limited to, updating relevant documentation as required liaising with 3rd parties and internal departments as appropriate.
- IT Asset Management including but not limited to laptops, tablets, mobiles, cameras and managing the laptop, projector and other equipment reservations.
- Supporting the PA to Directors in any tasks they may require support with
- Promptly answering and redirecting all incoming calls – ensuring that the switchboard is manned at all times (the number of incoming calls is low due to the use of direct lines); greeting and dealing with all visitors, refreshments and lunches (as appropriate) for meetings, general housekeeping of the reception area, etc.
- Sorting of incoming and franking of outgoing mail.
- Managing the office supplies eg, stationery, kitchen, etc to ensure sufficient stocks are maintained.
- Managing and monitoring the online diary.
- Checking central emails, distributing emails to relevant branch or director and sending out requested literature.
- Regular archiving and maintaining the archive database.
- Administering parking and speeding fines
These duties may be reasonably amended from time to time at the discretion of the management.
Thank you for your interest in this position, please apply for the role by completing the application form and email it to email@example.com, specifying the position that you are applying for with your CV and a letter outlining your suitability for the role and your salary expectation. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you are not contacted within 10 days, then your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Please keep reviewing our vacancies in case a suitable position arises in the future. We wish you every success with your job search.
The closing date should be treated as a guide, we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.