What is a Building Survey?
If you are buying a large or old property, or are planning major works, a Building Survey is essential.
It will provide you with a comprehensive structural report tailored to suit your property. This survey highlights defects, repairs and maintenance options and aims to cover all of the following:
- Establishes how the property is built, what materials are used and how these will perform in the future
- Describes visible defects, plus exposing potential problems posed by hidden defects
- Outlines the repair options and give you a repair timeline, while explaining the consequences of not acting
- Provides specific comments on energy efficiency
- Describes the construction and condition of the property on the date of the inspection
- Identifies any problems that need urgent attention or are serious
- Identifies things that need to be investigated to prevent further damage
- Tells you about problems that may be dangerous
- Shows up potential issues and defects, before any transaction takes place
- Helps you decide whether you need extra advice before committing to your purchase
- Allows you to budget for any repairs or restoration
- Provides advice on the amount of ongoing maintenance required in the future
Contact us for a quote or more information.
If you are buying a property built within the last 100 years from common building materials, and which is in reasonable condition, our HomeBuyers Survey will meet your needs.
Our surveyors are fully qualified to provide you with professional, independent advice and guidance.