Careers at Leaders
Rewarding talent, creativity and commitment: Working at Leaders
Looking to work for an industry leader, further your blossoming career or simply make a fresh start in the property industry?
Leaders can offer you a friendly and challenging environment in which to unlock your potential and thrive in one of the most varied and unpredictable sectors of all.
With more than 100 branches across the country, we have exciting and challenging positions available in your area and would love to match you with your perfect role.
So why choose Leaders for the next stage of your career?
• A wide range of jobs - All our branches need dedicated professionals to provide great sales and lettings services, so if you could be our next negotiator, valuer or property manager we would love to hear from you. You may also be interested in the vacancies at our head office, where our finance, marketing, IT and legal departments among others are based.
• A path of progression - With so many Leaders branches and such a variety of roles, you will soon be able to plot your route up the career ladder with us. Many of our directors and regional managers started out as negotiators, administrators and home guides, proving we will always reward ambition.
• A new challenge every day - Many of our employees love working in the property industry due to the variation and unpredictability it offers. If you want to escape a repetitive routine and experience a job in which no two days are the same, you could be the ideal candidate for a career in property.
• Ongoing training and development - Our dedicated training and development team will create bespoke training programmes for you in order to broaden your skill set. It means you will never stand still with Leaders, as we are constantly looking for opportunities to develop and enhance your abilities.
• Learning from the best - We have been in the property business for more than 30 years and have earned a formidable reputation in that time. Our methods and values are second to none and we promise to instil these in your day-to-day work.
• Fantastic rewards - To attract the best employees, we offer a great package. This includes a competitive salary and a minimum of 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays). In certain cases, we will also provide you with a company car, medical insurance and other benefits.
Leaders was established in Brighton in 1983 as a single branch letting agency by the late Neville Lee, OBE, who was also co-founder of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA).
Having spent time living in India and renting out his home while he was away, Neville knew exactly what landlords wanted when it came to a letting service.
At the time, standards in lettings were very low and he was appalled by them. He had also spent 10 years working for a sales and letting agent in London and believed he could improve the industry by establishing both a regulatory body (ARLA) and his own letting agency, through which he would lead the way by providing the highest standards of service and integrity.
A Successful start
In the very first week, Leaders took on two landlords and let two properties, and the rest, as they say, is history! Demand for Leaders’ quality service grew and additional branches were opened.
By 1995 Leaders had opened branches in Horsham, Portsmouth, Fareham, Burgess Hill and Southampton.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We are proud to have achieved the Bronze Payroll Giving Quality Mark Award for our commitment to Payroll Giving. Through Payroll Giving, Leaders employees provide a huge amount of support through their monthly donations to countless good causes.