Terms & Conditions
Entering the Competition
1. Love Living In is open to all UK residents except staff of Leaders and their immediate family.
2. By entering the competition you are accepting the terms and conditions listed on this page.
3. To enter the competition you need to submit a photo (of at least 1MB in size) at lovelivingin.co.uk along with details of where it was taken and your full name and date of birth if you are below 18 years old. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your photo.
4. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating your competition entry and sending it to us, as well as all other costs associated with participation in the competition.
5. The deadline for the 2017 competition is Tuesday 2nd May. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Leaders reserves the right to extend the closing date for a reasonable period of time.
6. By submitting an entry to the competition, you give Leaders:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on our associated websites and social media channels and grant Leaders a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the competition and any subsequent promotions.
b. The right to use your name, photograph and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the owner of your entry and/or as a finalist or winner of the competition.
7. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied and must not contain any third party materials you do not have permission to use. You must not promote your own or third party goods or services or include any trademarks and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work, if a person objects to the inclusion of a photograph in which they are featured in the competition, or if your entry otherwise breaches Paragraph 7, then we may not consider it and may disqualify it.
8. We may also disqualify your entry if you cannot be contacted or you do not respond within five days of being contacted by us in relation to your entry. In the event of disqualification, we may select a new longlisted entry, runner up or winner in accordance with the selection processes below.
9. There is a strict limit of five entries per person.
Picking the winners
10. A panel of judges selected by Leaders will choose the winners for each category. Leaders will notify the winning entries within five working days of the closing date. The only exception is the People's Choice category, for which a winner will be determined by the number of ‘likes’ and votes each entry receives via our Facebook page and website.
11. The winner of each category will each receive a prize of £250.
Some other rules
12. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
13. Details of the winners will be announced at www.lovelivingin.co.uk on a date yet to be confirmed.
14. The winners may be required for promotional activity and shall participate in such activity on the reasonable request thereof. The winners consent to the use by Leaders and their related companies, both before and after the closing date of the competition for an unlimited time, of their photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Leaders and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and in entering the competition, all entrants consent to the same.
15. Leaders accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.