If you are as passionate about property as we are then come and talk to us about what life is like working for a company where your efforts are noticed, your ideas listened to, and your success genuinely rewarded.
The lifeblood of our business is the growing of our talented and ambitious people into management and senior roles. Career development, on-going training and mentoring is a key benefit of working for Leaders, so expect our commitment to meet your efforts.
Leaders is one of the UK’s leading property specialists in letting, sales and buy-to-let. We started in a small office in Brighton in 1983 and now have over 120 branches in the UK. We set the standards that others follow. We are members of ARLA and The Property Ombudsman and are proud of the service we provide locally with full support from the wider group. Our clients come back to us and recommend us time and time again.
Our success enables us to continue to expand and are looking to recruit a specialist within our Connect office who will help us grow our established sales business.
The Sales Associate role is dynamic, exciting and varied. You will play an integral part in the Leaders call centre called “Connect”. You will be responsible for outbound and inbound calls generated from enquiries ensuring minimum standards in customer service, conversion rates and general service levels are reached.
- Selling company products and services effectively and ethically.
- Handle and convert enquiries from online portals.
- Handle and convert enquiries from Leaders websites.
- Apply applicable ancillary services.
- Handle branch inbound phone calls during overspill and out of hours periods to company standards.
- Registering and qualifying applicants to establish their needs and financial circumstances.
- Co-ordinate bookings for customers, valuations, viewings etc.
- Liaising with colleagues at branch level to assist customers handle their query.
- Updating company systems in accordance with policy
- Data mining and other activities to identify sales opportunities
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge including branch market conditions and legislation
- Represent the department and company as required
If you have experience working in any type of customer service, and would describe yourself as someone who is results driven, enthusiastic, self-motivated, with great customer service skills, then this could be the job for you.
We will offer a competitive salary package, training and the opportunity to work for an expanding Company who can offer you a rewarding and progressive career.
Thank you for your interest in this position, please apply for the role by completing the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the position that you are applying for with your CV and a letter outlining your suitability for the role and your salary expectation. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you are not contacted within 10 days, then your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Please keep reviewing our vacancies in case a suitable position arises in the future. We wish you every success with your job search.
The closing date should be treated as a guide, we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.