Senior Negotiator (Lettings) - Brighton
Leaders Limited is one of the largest and most successful Letting & Estate Agents with over 80 high street branches in the UK. We are rapidly expanding our business through acquisition and due to continued expansion; we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Negotiator (Lettings) within our Western Road branch.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the office in the absence of the manager.
- Assisting the manager in developing the business.
- Supporting the manager in carrying out office and company policy.
- Chairing office and sales meetings in the absence of the manager.
- Achieving personal and branch forecasts while maintaining the highest standards of customer care and ethical conduct in all business dealings by showing properties positively to achieve lets.
- Valuing properties to let.
- Advising landlords of their legal obligations regarding gas, electricity, fire and furnishings, etc.
- Keeping landlords and tenants informed of progress.
- Registering enquiries from prospective landlords and booking assessments.
- Qualifying tenants to assess their financial status prior to arranging viewings.
- Introducing new business and building alliances with, for example, key local employers and developers within the local community through active networking, etc.
- Ensuring an up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and competitor activities.
- Selling all company products and services strongly and ethically to landlords, tenants, and their advisers alike.
- Preparing accurate property details and ensuring accurate data entry.
- Liaising with the credit referencing provider and updating applicants as to the progress of their references.
- Ensuring the security of property after showing.
- Ensuring the Aspasia diary is kept up-to-date at all times.
- Adhering to the company car policy at all times and maintaining a daily mileage log.
- Providing input on the weekly branch advertising.
- Contributing new marketing ideas and supporting marketing initiatives.
- Achieving and maintaining relevant industry qualifications.
- Following administration procedures to avoid delay, mistakes, and poor service.
If you are results driven, enthusiastic, self-motivated, with great customer service skills, and enjoy a challenge, then this could be the job for you. We will offer a competitive salary package, company car, training and the opportunity to work for an expanding Company who can offer you a rewarding and progressive career.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please apply for the role by completing the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the position that you are applying for with your CV and a letter outlining your suitability for the role and your salary expectation.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you are not contacted within 10 days, then your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Please keep reviewing our vacancies in case a suitable position arises in the future. We wish you every success with your job search.
The closing date should be treated as a guide, we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.