Technical and Compliance Advisor - Woking
Leaders is one of the UK’s largest residential property groups specialising in letting, sales, buy-to-let and investment finance. Established in 1983, Leaders has more than 90 branches across the UK and is known for setting standards in best practice in the industry. All Leaders branches are members of ARLA, SAFEagent and The Property Ombudsman. Leaders Limited is known for its quality personal and local service whilst offering its clients the full support and resources enjoyed by a larger company. We value long-term relationships with our clients.
Leaders’ team members are experienced in the industry and within their local marketplace. They provide an efficient, friendly and professional service to landlords, tenants and their advisors. Responsibilities:
- Assisting with handling daily queries, drafting correspondence, preparing responses to complaints received by the Group and collate evidence in support of the company’s response;
- Undertaking a legal audit of the TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme) and HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupation) and reporting findings for action as necessary to the Technical and Compliance Director;
- Assisting with the liaison with solicitors in respect of claims or actions for breach of contract;
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry legislation.
- Ensuring the accurate maintenance, review and updating of the Company’s standard letter library in accordance with the Group’s formal approval process, under the guidance of the Technical and Compliance Director;
- Dealing with queries from branches, developing the level of service to the branches, identifying process improvements, for review by the Technical and Compliance Director;
- Assisting in monthly compliance reporting by branch/function or by material events;
- Assisting with the preparation of the regular legal updates for staff to ensure that they are kept informed of legislative changes and maintain their legal knowledge
- Regular reporting from Aspasia on critical errors and warnings and associated reports to measure compliance within the branches, specifically including gas safety and similar legislative requirements;
- Ensuring a working knowledge of Leaders’ systems and procedures and the variations in the business accentuated by acquired businesses;
- Assisting with drafting and preparation of Legal and Procedural updates for approval by the Technical and Compliance Director;
- Preparing legal information sheets and external guides for approval by the Technical and Compliance Director and providing relevant training as necessary;
- Undertaking a final review of the monthly Board report prior to the Technical and Compliance Director’s review;
- Supporting, developing and maintaining effective working relationships and liaising with internal and external customers including other business areas as required.
We will offer a competitive salary package, company car, training and the opportunity to work for an expanding Company who can offer you a rewarding and progressive career.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please apply for the role by completing the application form and email it to email@example.com, specifying the position that you are applying for with your CV and a letter outlining your suitability for the role and your salary expectation.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you are not contacted within 10 days, then your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Please keep reviewing our vacancies in case a suitable position arises in the future. We wish you every success with your job search.
The closing date should be treated as a guide, we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.